Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13, 2014, Round 2

Hello,

It's been over a year since posting, sorry about that!  What can I say, life gets busy when you're raising a baby!  Felicity is doing great, she's almost 18 months now, and she's the happiest kid I know!  She's running, trying to jump, getting into everything, saying new words everyday...pure delight.

Well, Clint had his six month MRI checkup back in April. It unfortunately showed a tiny blip, which grew into a much bigger mass within two months (5.8 cm across).  We were bracing ourselves for the worst when we met with Clint's surgeon two days ago.  Then HOPE broke through.

Clint's surgeon told us that while the mass we were seeing could be another Glioblastoma, it seems much more likely that we are seeing radation necrosis, which is TREATABLE!  (Talk about being given a breath of air).  The reason his surgeon thinks this could be the case is because the changes on the MRI only ocurr on existing tissue that had been targeted with radiation 3 1/2 years ago, and not any new masses appearing.

Either way, treatment is the same.  Clint goes in for surgery on June 23, and will start Avastin chemotherapy afterwards.  We won't know which scenario we are looking at until the surgeon gets in there, but please be praying with us that this IS the necrosis!!

I have to say, when we first found out there were new changes on the MRI, I kept asking God to tell me something...anything.  At first I kept opening to various passages in the Bible, and they all related to the same topic "Jesus is Coming!"...I did not do that on purpose, but I couldn't help smiling and saying, "God, are you trying to tell me something??"  I began sensing that I needed to hold onto his original promise from November 2010 when we first heard about his initial tumor.  He said to me, "Do not worry.  I will take care of this.  I will get you through this."  So, we are continuing to claim God's promise to us.  He is FAITHFUL and unchanging, and His promises never change.  We are moving forward bravely and with joy (because I have learned over the last few years that the joy of the Lord is truly our strength!).

Clint's attitude still remains positively amazing, and he is ready for round two.

Please keep us in your prayers.  I will post updates as they come.

Much love
Reini

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Reini and the new blog site is great. I'm praying for Clint and feeling optomistic :) God bless you, Clint, and Felicity. I love you guys!
    ~ Your best Ginger ~ Jenn ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! (You are our best Ginger for sure.)

      Delete
  2. Hey Reini, I will be praying for sure!!!! and YES and AMEN that the joy of the Lord is our Strength!!! Hugs, Kylene

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will definitely be praying for God's strength for y'all during this time. Claiming God's promises with you!! Love y'all!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.....stay strong

    ReplyDelete