Friday, June 13, 2014

March 10, 2012, MRI Update

WOW, it's been a long time since I've posted an update! Sorry about that. I've been working a lot of overtime for the legislative session, but I'm done now, so I can post more often.
 
Clint is doing terrific! He had an MRI on March 3rd, and we got the results on Thursday. As soon as we walked in, his nurse looked at him and said "Happy day for you! Great news!" His MRI was very clean, and his oncologist said that his condition has stabilized to the point where they can spread out his appointments to every four months instead of every three. This is great news!
 
I'm sitting here thinking of where we were over a year ago, not knowing what was going to happen, but trusting that God was going to take care of everything. Clint has improved SO MUCH. While there are still minor memory issues, he has so much more clarity and better function with each passing month. The average length of time for someone with a glioblastoma is 6 to 12 months, and Clint has survived it 16 months already. God is SOOOO good!
 
So the plan for now? I'll be taking some days off to spend a really long St. Patty's Day weekend with him, for starters. Spend time together, enjoy life, take walks, garden, plan some small trips, try new recipes, etc. Clint called my uncle to see if he could go to Canada with him on one of his business trips - sounds like it will happen. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to have my husband around. I'm so thankful for his positive attitude and all his goofy quirks. I'm so thankful for the men in his life who have taken the time to be true friends to him - and I know it means the world to him.
 
Thank you guys for all your love, support, and prayers (we know they work!)
Talk to you all soon
 
Much Love
Reini

No comments:

Post a Comment